<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, April 26, 2014
some welcome reinforcements...

It was a pretty chilly night, with a frigid wind blowing through town.  Nowhere near as bad as some of the freezing weather we got over the winter, but still pretty cold for spring time.  Good thing I packed an extra sweater before leaving home this morning!

A nice surprise awaited me when I got to Pastor Tim's house tonight: Dale Parkes, an American brother-in-the-Lord who I got to know through this blog years ago, was in town on a work assignment.  He wanted to join Pastor Tim and I on our street preaching endeavor before having to head out to Philadelphia the very next morning.  It was nice to have another worker with us tonight, sharing in preaching duties.  I did however feel a little sorry for Dale... I'm not sure if he was quite prepared for the spiritual reality of Canada: mostly dead.

Despite the cold weather, a good number of souls were out in the market.  Between us three preachers, we ministered the Gospel to thousands of souls.  Not many tracts were handed out, and I didn't have much of anything by way of one-on-one conversations.  Pastor Tim and Dale did a bit better than me tonight: both men had profitable conversations with sinners, and I think they had more success in tract distribution.

Funny moment of the night: a police cruiser drove by and stopped in front of the spot where Pastor Tim was preaching.  The officer lowered his window and said: "Hey! Put it down a little.  You're so loud I can hear you a block away!"  To which Pastor Tim replied, with a big smirk on his face: "Well, that's really good that people can hear the Gospel a block away!"  Amused, the police officer laughed and drove off.

Not much else to report.  There was a lot of mockery tonight, lots of sin.  Our Bible signs were knocked down a number of times, and all three of us were scorned by a number of sinners.  Still, the Lord was glorified, and that's all that matters.

Have a blessed weekend, dear saints... especially the Lord's Day!

Rand