<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, March 08, 2014
preaching to a tough crowd...

Weather-wise, tonight's open-air evangelism was far more comfortable; it wasn't anywhere near as cold as last week.  Sadly though, the hearts of those we ministered to, by and large, were cold and hard as ice.

I think our night of evangelism would have been pretty miserable, were it not for a pleasant surprise: Brother Rod was able to join us tonight.  He showed up about an hour after Pastor Tim and I got started, and it was really nice to get some reinforcements just as things started to go downhill.

Some of our Bible signs took more beatings tonight.  If memory serves only one of our three Bible signs went through the night without being kicked aside.  Actually, no... come to think of it, all three signs were manhandled.  One young man trampled one of our signs underfoot... can't imagine the trouble the poor wretch is in, especially when one considers Psalm 138:2...

I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

I did have a "special moment" during my second turn at street preaching: as I was preaching on the necessity of repentance and faith in Christ, I noticed a little boy watching and listening to my words.  He was in the back of a car parked across the street from our preaching spot.  He had rolled down the window half way and listened attentively.  Just before the car left, the boy gave me a "thumbs up" and yelled out: "God bless you!"

That was the highlight of my night... the only highlight.  Everything else was blasphemies, threats and mockery.  The harsh and crude words were particularly grievous tonight.  You'd think I'd be quite hardened by now, and unaffected by the foul language of the wicked... but I have to admit that the wicked world finds a way to vex me with its evil communications.

Still, we did minister the Gospel to hundreds of souls tonight, and several Gospel tracts were handed out... who knows what the Lord will do!?!

To Him alone be all honour and glory, now and forever.

Amen.

Rand